Saturday, April 3, 2010

Raindrops are falling on my head.

I haven't been realising what came over me on a busy friday afternoon, but I was over the edge.

I reluctantly left my keyboard to depart for my tuition. Sucks to say that once upon a time it was located just 2 doors away from my home. Currenly it's located far beyond, to those who know, its Taipan.

Never had transport there, always arrived by foot. Rarely with my trusted steed, the bicycle. But yesterday, it was nothing like before.

The sky was falling. I decided to go on foot. I took my bag, closed the gate, and stepped out into the vicinity of the rain.. And mind you, the rain was heavier than your microwave.. And of course, an umbrella I had. But it did little to shelter me. I barely walked 100 metres, my 3¼ pants were already soaked, my shirt was no different.. It metaphors gunshots at you, my shield wasn't enough to protect me. I blocked the main shots, but the deceptive shrapnel got me.. I couldn't see 30 metres ahead of me.. Cars swarmed by, pools of water were on the road, most caught me on my bottom half.. Flooded it was, additive the rain hadn't even lasted for 15 minutes.

I carried on, purely with perserverance.. Soon a bus stop appeared. I gratefully accepted it. Lowered my shield, and just to find out how heavy my slacks were.. Nevertheless, I continued my journey.. My crocs were flooded. Most steps I had to take filled my crocs with sky liquid. Even big jumps.. As I crossed the void between my region and towards USJ 6. I determined that I might not hath trudged through this, rather to stay in my warm bed. I was mixed with emotions.. It allowed me to think, it allowed me to reconcile with my conscience.. And what I reminisced was beyond language.

The rain continued it's onslaught, showing no mercy to us living beings.. Not a single soul was in sight, except I. My crocs squished with every step I took. I carried on. Then I noticed a car, the windows weren't wet at all.. It took me by surprise. The ground was wet and flooded, the car window was TOTALLY dry, along with other cars in the same region. Turns out that this area might not have rained yet. It seems I have walked between dimensions, one was raining, the other was calm.. I enjoyed the fresh air as I continued walking.. I enjoyed the serenity of silence, I thought God might hath stopped the rain from falling in this area. But I spoke too soon..

Nonetheless I reached my destination. I sat in tuition with my bag wet, my hair down, shirt soaked, and pants heavy.. And to sit there for 2 hours, it drove me almost out of my head, not to mention 3 air conditioners in the room..

I was wet, cold, semi-angry, tired, exhausted, beat.. I stank of wet clothes.. Never was I happier the instant I reached my base, my home.. Henceafter, never will I deja vu. Under the circumstances.


"I sing a requiem for the land-walkers"
Slithice - Naga Siren


♥,
Jo

0 Feedbacks: